Mree (Marie Hsiao) is a Portland, Oregon based experimental folk artist whose music has drawn the attention of music industry professionals including Grammy Award Winning Artist Bon Iver (Justin Vernon), who recently shared several of her music videos with his fans and followers. Her brand of “folktronica” draws on her influences of Sigur Ros, Bon Iver and Imogen Heap creating a musical bed of acoustic and electronic elements for her angelic voice to float effortlessly above. Mree has released three independent albums to critical acclaim and her music has been featured in numerous national TV shows and ad campaigns. She has developed a large, loyal, worldwide fan base that includes 70,000 YouTube subscribers, 25,000 Facebook fans and over 8.5 million views of her music videos.
Mree has toured regionally and nationally as a featured performer and opening act for national artists such as Priscilla Ahn, Gabrielle Aplin and Ron Pope.
Recent accomplishments include:
- Featured vocalist and song, “Santa Catcher” in Target “My Kind of Holiday” National TV Commercial
- Cover version of 80’s hit “Fame” featured in ABC’s “Grey’s Anatomy”
- Original Songs from “Winterwell” featured in several episodes of the WB’s “Beauty and the Beast”, FOX’s Bones, Degrassi Next Generation and more.
- Her album “Winterwell” chosen as one of the Top 25 albums of 2013 by NPR nationally syndicated radio program, “Echoes.”
- Her song, “Lift Me Up” streamed over 4 million times on Spotify.
- Her single “Into the Well” is featured on DailyCandy.com.
- Mree is selected as Deli NYC Artist of the Month and performs at The Deli’s Best of NYC Fest for Emerging NYC Artists.
- Featured artist and Guest Editor for Magnet Magazine.